|Coming March 1st!|
As I'm finishing up one manuscript and starting in on the last book of my Precinct: Task Force miniseries, I receive an email from my agent telling me I need to be thinking about my next proposal to my editor. I love coming up with new story ideas, especially when I'm slugging my way through a manuscript--but there's one problem...I never have a shortage of ideas for stories I want to write. But I can't just throw a hundred what if's at my editor. How do I narrow them down and select the best ideas for me and my readers?
So, I'm enlisting your help. Here are some of my ideas. Which ones do you like? Not like as much? Please share your opinion on any or all. Thanks!
I'll give a print or ecopy of TACTICAL ADVANTAGE to one lucky poster!
1. A new Precinct miniseries.
|Brotherhood of the Badge|
Maybe linked by a family of cop brothers like the Taylor Clan or Kincaids?
Maybe bring Sheriff Boone Harrison's 3 brothers to Kansas City?
3. More stories featuring Marine Corps heroes?
Some of my favorite titles, like BEAUTY & THE BADGE and NANNY 911, were spin-offs from previous miniseries
5. Something completely different.
7. Do you have a particular character from one of my books whose story you'd like to see? If so, who?
8. Do you have a favorite storyline you'd like to read more of? (Beauty & the Beast, reunion story, friends becoming lovers, amnesia, pregnant heroine, etc.)
9. Do you have a storyline you're tired of reading?
10. Anything else?
I appreciate the feedback. It will help me fine-tune my proposal for upcoming books. And remember, the next book in my Precinct: Task Force miniseries, comes out March 1st. Or you can get it early at Harlequin.com. I'll pick the winner and post the name here tomorrow.