Thursday, September 11, 2014

WE WILL NEVER FORGET

Respectfully . .  
A VISIT TO THE 
National September 11th Memorial
http://www.911memorial.org/commemorate-911-0







At St. Paul's Cathedral.
"Not one pane of glass was broken." 



Original staircase... Now in the Memorial Museum

"A callery pear tree became known as the "Survivor Tree" after enduring the September 11, 2001 terror attacks at the World Trade Center. In October 2001, the tree was discovered at Ground Zero severely damaged, with snapped roots and burned and broken branches. The tree was removed from the rubble and placed in the care of the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation. After its recovery and rehabilitation, the tree was returned to the Memorial in 2010. New, smooth limbs extended from the gnarled stumps, creating a visible demarcation between the tree’s past and present. Today, the tree stands as a living reminder of resilience, survival and rebirth."   http://www.911memorial.org/survivor-tree





4 comments:

  1. A somber day. I remember exactly when and where I was and most of the things I did that day. Prayers for the heroes who died that day, and their families and friends. I didn't know about the pear tree, Angi. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always remember that day. Thanks for the tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very moving. No one acted like a tourist, very respectful.

    I too remember exactly everything I did that day. We live close to DFW airport. I was even closer at my aunt's house in the same city. It was very eery when the planes stopped flying and the sky was clear that evening.

    ReplyDelete