Wednesday, July 4, 2007



HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! To all our American friends. And I hope all our readers around the world have a splendid fourth of July wherever they are. Every day should be a good day, right?

I've been a longtime reader of Harlequin Intrigue, even before I became a writer for the line. And July marks the release of the 1000th book from Intrigue! So that's another reason to celebrate!

What are some of your favorite memories of Intrigues over the years? Either as a reader or writer. I remember back when the very first Intrigue came out--THE KEY by Rebecca Flanders. I was in college, looking for a quick, satisfying (affordable!) read to supplement my mystery and romance obsession, and to give me a break from studying and academic reading. I picked up THE KEY, thinking it sounded like a really good idea to read a romantic suspense book from Harlequin. And by the time I was done, I KNEW it was a great idea. I was hooked. No way have I read 1000 Intrigues, but I've read a good number of them, and I love how the line has evolved and stayed current with topics, fresh with new writers, and reliable with many of my author and mini-series favorites.

Happy 1000th, Intrigue!

Julie Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment