Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Take stock of your blessings

Many times I have to stop and give thanks for the good things that happen in my life. I have a book coming out this month with Harlequin Intrigue called Baby Bling. It was action-packed and a fun book to write. I spent last week in lovely Colorado skiing, in fresh snow, snowmobiling in the national forest and loving every flake of snow that fell. I came back home to Arkansas to spend the weekend at the hospital with my 72-yr-old father who had triple bypass surgery. He's not in good shape, so losing him at that point was a definite option. I can't describe to you how wonderful it was to see him wake up after the operation. He smiled despite the pain of having his ribs cracked open and a large slice run down his leg for a spare vein to use in the bypass. The smile was so wonderful, because he was so happy to be alive! He's not out of the hospital yet, but everyday is a blessing to have him around still. It reminds me how inconsequential a lot of things are in life that we think are so darned important and how important some things are that we take for granted.

Look around at the good things in life and take stock of your blessings. If you'd like to share what you are grateful for, please leave a comment. Have a glorious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment