Monday, April 30, 2012

Well, Spring is supposed to bring new beginnings, and it’s sure working that way over here at my house. Plenty of baby rabbits (an orphan wild baby rabbit even lives under our porch) and baby squirrels. And lots of new books, which I kind of consider my babies. I think a lot of authors feel that way. So much care and loving concern goes into the creation of our characters and story lines. Turns out, this Spring I’m having triplets! Something brand new for me, an epic fantasy, THE THIRD SCROLL is coming out first. (Official release date is tomorrow, but Amazon brought it out a day early so it’s already up today. 99c today and tomorrow only) I just received the Kirkus Review and it’s amazing. “Marton excels at world building and character development. Readers will find it impossible not to care what happens next to Tera. Compelling and honest…memorable… etc. etc.” It feels soooo good when others tell us our baby is beautiful, doesn’t it? I’m grinning from ear to ear.
The next book is SPY HARD from Intrigue, a fast paced adventure romance set in the jungle. (If you liked LAST SPY STANDING with Mitch and Megan, you’ll love this new story.)
And then, the cowboys are coming! Keep an eye out for THE SPY WORE SPURS, a Texas set thriller, the first book in a new series I’m starting with Intrigue.
Any new beginnings for you this spring? How about beginning a new year of good luck? To celebrate 3 releases in 3 months, I’ll be giving away lots of goodies on my Facebook page. Stop by and join the fun! www.facebook.com/danamarton I’ll also raffle off a free book from my backlist here. To enter, just tell me what you’re looking forward to this spring. Wishing you all the best, Dana

9 comments:

  1. Awesome review, Dana--congratulations! I'm looking forward to trying THE THIRD SCROLL. Is it fantasy romance? Or more straight fantasy? (I enjoy reading both)

    And your Intrigues are some of my favorite reads, so those will wind up on my TBR pile, as well. Looks like you're having a great spring--congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What am I looking forward to this spring? The end of radiation treatments, retireent and more time to read books by my favorite authors including these posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your upcoming releases! Spring... I am looking forward to my picking some of the peppers from my garden, seeing the new trees I planted grow, and getting my pool reading to use soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee I meant "ready" not reading, but I will get in as much reading as I can as usual! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Julie-- Thank you! I can't believe your THE MARINE NEXT DOOR is finally here!!! I've been waiting for this book forever. I'm going to celebrate my new release by taking some time off in the evenings and reading yours.

    Connie--Big hugs. I wish you the best of luck with your health. Spring is definitely the time for recovery.

    Colleen--The wind tore out the first batch of my seedlings. Planted too early. I'm getting ready to give it another try. Live on a hillside and the wind really hits us hard. Good luck with your garden!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to the longer days with more sunshine. Congrats on 3 new books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the books! The covers look great. I'm looking forward to lots of blooming flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura AKA Loves 2 Read RomanceApril 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

    Congrats on all the new releases! I am looking forward to relaxing after all the craziness of tax season. I am also looking forward to reading all the great books coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like everyone likes flowers and time to read. Me, too! Thank you for stopping by!!

    And the winner is.... bn100. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Please email me to claim your prize. danamarton at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete