|4 1/2*s! "A tour de force..." - RT Book Reviews|
But today, I thought I'd give good ol' reliable #3 a rest and focus on the number 12. Those of you who have blogged with me before know how I love lists. Since my next deadline isn't until February, and I've planned a week or so off around the holidays, I'm treating myself to catching up on my reading. I decided to list 12 books I want to try to read in December. Knowing how busy my schedule gets (still have to do a little teaching; still need to spend my work days writing as much as I can), I probably won't get that much done. But I do love to dream. A couple of the things on my reading list are holiday-themed. And, a few projects are my own (need to read one for edits; want to read one for nostalgia purposes). But most of these books are just things on my TBR pile that I intend to finish or consume before the end of the year.
1. THREE COWBOYS by Julie Miller, Dana Marton & Paula Graves. (Yes, I've read these 3 novellas before--but I haven't seen the finished product for Dana and Paula's stories, and I'm itching to see if those sexy cowboy brothers are still the Christmas present we envisioned)
2. THE LOST PRINCE by Julie Kagawa (I'm a big YA fan--and I've loved her Iron Fey books! I'm anxious to read this latest edition to the series about fey heroine Meghan Chase's younger brother)
|Digital Release-Dec. 2012|
4. RUNNING FOR HER LIFE by Beverly Long (I always try to read the first book by an author to see what has most recently captured an editor's eye--and while this isn't Beverly's first book, it is her first Intrigue.)
5. ALPHA ONE by Cynthia Eden (ditto)
6. RANCHER'S DEADLY RISK by Rachel Lee (Ms. Lee is one of my all-time favorite romantic suspense authors so how can I resist?)
7. UNFORGIVEN by B.J. Daniels (love me some good romantic suspense! and I'm anxious to see how B.J. amps up the tension in her debut single title novel for HQN)
8. ELF TROUBLE by Sherry James (something a little different for me--romantic comedy! but this is a holiday extra story in her funny, sexy Studs-4-Hire series, featuring 3 lady bosses who manage several hunky heroes who are experts in carpentry, plumbing or building whatever the client needs--even if it's a big shoulder to lean on) This will be out later this month, but since I'm her critique partner, I'm getting a sneak peek!
9. DEATHSCAPE by Dana Marton (I think Dana is one of the best authors out there writing action-suspense romance, so I can't wait to dive in)
|Coming March 2013!|
11. ASSUMED IDENTITY by Julie Miller (again, ditto ;))
12. THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS by Clement Moore (What can I say? It's a Christmas Eve tradition in my family.)
So, what's on your reading list this holiday season?
You don't have to come up with 12. But I'd love to know what folks are reading this time of year.
One lucky poster will win either a signed copy of THREE COWBOYS, or an ebook gift for your Kindle or Nook of KEEPING WATCH.