Wednesday, February 5, 2014

3 Quickies 4 Valentine's

THIS MONTH WE ASKED INTRIGUE AUTHORS
It’s Valentine’s Day…do you prefer…


Flowers or chocolates?
Dinner out or in?
Dancing or a movie?


HUNTED, Harlequin MIRA, January 2014 

Flowers or chocolates?  Do I really have to pick?  :)
Dinner out or in?  Dinner out (love the chance to get dressed up!)
Dancing or a movie?  Dancing!









THE CRADLE CONSPIRACY, Harlequin Intrigue, December 2013
One of the most lovable characters is Daniel Adams’s canine companion, Trouble. The half-Newfoundland, half-IrishSetter mutt has fallen in love with the heroine, and she with him. And there is his other human, Daniel. So what does Trouble think about Valentine’s Day?

Every day should be Valentine’s day, according to Trouble, but here it goes!

Flowers or chocolates?  My human says chocolate is bad for me. I say, 'what does he know?' Have you ever jumped on top of a table and scarfed down a whole chocolate cake in two bites? Well, I did. Pure yumminess. Nothing happened….and it beats the heck out of thorny flowers for a snack.

Dinner out or in? Outside. On the back porch. Preferably right BEFORE it goes on the grill. My human decided he’d grill a few steaks. He really should have gotten one for me. Hopefully he knows better next time. I can’t put in writing what he said after my scrumptious meal, but he called me a lot of names, and Trouble wasn’t one of them. I didn’t quite feel the love of Valentine’s Day in that moment.

Dancing or a movie? A movie, at home, in front of a roaring fire, because I like snuggling on the sofa with my humans. They rub my ears and make me feel special. They sometimes ignore me and kiss and hug and all that mushy human stuff, but it makes me smile inside, because after all the bad stuff and nightmares my humans have been through, I’m sure happy to see them living happily ever after with their short humans (even if they do pull my ears too much).

I guess humans have a good thing in Valentine’s Day. But this year, don’t forget your canine or feline friend. We deserve a little love, too!

UNREPENTANT COWBOY, Harlequin Intrigue, Jan 2014

Flowers or chocolates?  Oh, my.   I love flowers and chocolate. However my waistline doesn't need the chocolates. I do always get flowers and occasionally get chocolates, as well.
Dinner out or in? Another interesting question. We've done it both ways. Usually when we stay in, we do it with a few other couples. It's always been fun and we don't have deal with the Valentine crowds. But we've also had some very romantic dinners out. This year we're going to the symphony special with Linda Elder. What a great voice she has. Doing an early dinner in Houston at one of our favorite restaurants. 
Dancing or a movie?  Seldom go dancing anymore since hubby had ankle surgery this past summer, but he's walking much better now so dancing may be in the future. I like dancing much more than he does. Love movies, but have never done that for Valentine's Day.

I think the perfect Valentine's celebration for my heroine in UNREPENTANT COWBOY would be dinner in front of a roaring fire, followed by making love with  sexy cowboy/attorney Leif Dalton on a comfy quilt spread in front of the fire.

RANCHER RESCUE, Harlequin Intrigue, February 2014
Flowers or chocolates?  Oh, chocolates. Definitely chocolates.
Dinner out or in?  Dinner in. I cook something special and we celebrate with the whole family.
Dancing or a movie?  A movie. Something vintage like Breakfast at Tiffany's or An Affair to Remember.

Our picture is from a trip we took to Tulum, Mexico. We spent several days watching the sun rise and set from this spot.


 Flowers or chocolates?  For Valentine's Day, which do I prefer? Well, let's see. I love chocolates, but should choose flowers, since they have fewer calories.
Dinner out or in? As for dinner out or in, it totally depends on how the day's going. Sometimes we'd rather just stay at home and order pizza and watch something on TV.
Dancing or a movie? When it comes to choosing between dancing or a movie, I have to choose the movie because I can't slow-dance. I try to lead. (Hmm, does that say something about my personality?)

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day and that we all get to do just exactly what we want. Check out my 'occasional' blog at mallorykane.wordpress.com


PRIMAL INSTINCT, Harlequin Intrigue, April 2014
Psssttt...It's Janie's Debut 
Because Valentine’s Day falls only four days after my birthday, we often just combine the two (isn’t my husband lucky?!)  And really, both my husband and I are too practical to spend much money on flowers or chocolate or even cards during this time when they’re so expensive – so we just try to save our romantic events for later in the year.  We would rather put our money towards a trip together – we love to travel!

Janie’s Crouch’s debut Intrigue PRIMAL INSTINCT releases in April 2014! 






MAKE MINE A MARINE (title subject to change) Ladytech, Inc., Spring 2014 
Flowers or chocolates?  Do I have to choose? If it's dark chocolate, it has the edge.  If it's dark chocolate filled with caramel, then no contest.  But I do love my hubby's tradition of getting me a single rose every year.
Dinner out or in?  Out.  I love to cook, but it's a real treat for someone else to do it and clean up.
Dancing or a movie?  We are big-time movie fanatics at our house, so definitely the movies.  We used to go dancing a lot before the kid.  Now it's pretty much just at wedding receptions--or choreographed in shows.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN REVENGE, Harlequin Intrigue, February 2014  
Flowers or chocolates?  Though I'll never turn down flowers, I have to vote for chocolate.
Dinner out or in?  And I'm a real home-body, so I prefer dinner in and
Dancing or a movie?  A movie (DVD or on Demand), snuggled on the sofa with my honey.
  






THE MARINE'S LAST DEFENSE, Harlequin Intrigue, January 2014
Tim & Angi
Jake & Bree are still getting to know each other. Their whirwind adventure only lasts about 2 days, but they fall hard. Now the days are slower and they are constantly asking questions.
BREE: Flowers at the door, a nice dinner in an intimate restaurant with lots of dancing afterwards. What girl wouldn't want to be wined and dined by her favorite man?
JAKE: Dinner and flowers I can handle. But…you dance?
BREE: Don't you?
JAKE: Um…no.
BREE: Come on, everybody can dance. You just move to the beat and on the slow ones, hold me tight. Maybe we can take lessons?
JAKE: The holding you tight part, I can handle. I'll never get tired of that.



2 comments:

  1. This was so much fun thank you. I prefer chocolate. With my hayfever flowers are best outside in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura AKA Loves 2 Read RomanceFebruary 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM

    Thanks for sharing with us. I prefer chocolate to flowers but I would actually want a book instead!

    ReplyDelete