Wednesday, May 30, 2012



GRADUATIONS AND SCHOOL CONCERTS


It's that time of year when new beginnings and fond farewells are in the air. Being a grandmother, I found myself right in the middle of that this year. My granddaughter (the one on the left-top picture) graduated from vet school a couple of weeks ago. The last time I looked, she was just a little girl. Now she's a doctor ready to live the dream she's worked so hard to achieve.

     When my grandson (bottom picture) performed at his school choir's Pops Concert, I had to blink back a few more tears. It seems just yesterday I was singing A Bear Went Over the Mountain with him. Now he's on stage performing and visiting colleges in anticipation for his graduation from high school next year. Time passes all too quickly. A blink and they're grown.

And yet, I'm all too proud of them.  And though they don't realize it, they are the inspiration for all the wonderful children who fill my stories. Hope you're enjoying the Big D Dad series. SON OF A GUN is available now. LIVE AMMO will be out in July.

Would love to hear your end-of-school-year and graduations stories. Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment