Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I’ve been thinking about heroes lately, and I realized that every single hero I have ever written was a warrior in one way or the other. Probably 90% of my Intrigue heroes are commando soldiers. In my fantasy novel, THE THIRD SCROLL (www.thethirdscroll.com), the hero is a warlord, actually. My husband was in the Army, but that was long before I even met him, so I don’t think that’s influencing me. And it’s not like my Intrigue heroines are simpering weaklings who need a strong man to save them. I go out of my way to write strong heroines who are perfectly capable of saving themselves, and even save the hero on occasion. What is it about a warrior that draws us so much? The reason I’m thinking about this is because I’ll be featured on Heidi Ruby Miller’s blog in a few weeks where authors post pictures of the cast for their latest book, and I was casting my warlord yesterday. That was fun! Here are the pictures I picked. What do you think? Do you have a favorite hero type?

4 comments:

  1. I like a hero that is strong and confident with a sense of humor. Good lucking and sexy like Han Solo in Star Wars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dana, love Jason. Used to watch Stargate Atlantis just to see him and Richard Dean Anderson who I remember from General Hospital, and Mc Gyver. As Tammy said, I like my heroes strong, sexy and with a sense of humor. A nice 6 pack is always appreciated too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved, Stargate Atlantis, Ruth!!! And Firefly. But now all the good sci-fi shows are gone :-(

    Tammy--Yes, a sense of humor wins me over, too, every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, call me quirky but I also loved Carson on Stargate Atlantis. I cried when they killed him off. He had such a droll(sp) sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete