|August 2012 (available now at www.eharlequin.com)|
Today's blog post will be a mash-up of several different thoughts. With a July 15th deadline, a proposal due August 1st, and the RWA conference in between, to be honest, it's hard to compose something new and pithy in my head right now. So here, in no particular order, are some random bits of news--some more interesting than others, no doubt. ;)
1. I just got back from the dentist and found out I get to go again to get some work done in a couple of months. Yay. Not. Dentist blames it all on not having enamel on my teeth as a youngster (I had terrible pneumonia with such a high fever that no enamel formed on my baby teeth--apparently, poor baby teeth affects adult teeth?). But they're all still my own teeth, so that's good. At one point (about first-second grade), I looked like Jaws from the James Bond movies--I actually had silver caps on my baby molars. Boy was I glad to lose those!
2. The next book in my Precinct: Task Force miniseries comes out August 1st. But it's already for sale on www.eHarlequin.com. Cool! I bought some copies as soon as they were available (so, of course, Murphy's Law states that my author copies arrived the same day the ones I ordered did). So I've sent out those promised copies to all those previous blog winners who've been waiting. Enjoy!
3. The book I'm finishing up now, originally called CHAIN OF EVIDENCE, has been retitled TACTICAL ADVANTAGE. I love it. Really reflects the hero, who's a man of action--think Elliot from the tv show LEVERAGE. TACTICAL ADVANTAGE will be out in March 2013.
4. The game "Angry Birds" should really be titles "Angry Players". I've got it on my Kindle Fire, and hubby has it on his i-Pad. We both play over lunch, and get testy when those piggies refuse to die. I really wish there was an option where players could choose which birds to use in different situations. But I guess working with the options they give you is part of the game's challenge.
|Independence, MO signing: Saranna DeWylde, Julie Miller, Janette Kenney, Sherri Shackelford (Cheryl St.John's foot--sorry Cheryl! Good thing I can write books--photography isn't my best thing.)|
5. I have bookmarks for my book KANSAS CITY COWBOY. I ordered them to have at my Independence, MO booksigning, and to share at RWA. I've got about 25 left over, so if anyone would like a KC COWBOY bookmark (signed, of course), just send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope to P.O. Box 5162, Grand Island, NE 68802-5162. I'll mail them out as long as I have them in stock, so act soon if you'd like one.
I'm giving away one more copy of KANSAS CITY COWBOY to a lucky poster today. What's a random thought on your mind today? Any writing or book questions? Share a good book you've read recently? Since I'm late getting this posted today, I'll wait and pick a winner sometime tomorrow.
Have a good one!