Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Dollmaker Theme

If you've been around in the synth scene for a while, you've probably heard of the German band Placebo Effect. In 1999, frontman Axel Machens started a new project, Breathe.

I've been using the title track of their cd The Laughing Dolls on my blog, which is how I happened to 'meet' Axel. I've been a long time fan, so imagine how thrilled I was when he sent me an email, thanking me for using their music. We've been corresponding ever since.

And it gets even better because he's now written a theme song for The Dollmaker, a beautiful, haunting piece that is perfect for the story. I can actually picture the credits rolling for a Dollmaker movie when I hear it! lol. You can give it a listen below and also check out their music on MySpace and on their Website.






2 comments:

  1. How cool that you've got someone writing a theme just for your book. What a neat connection to have made!

    Julie Miller
    www.juliemiller.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so, too. I was just thrilled.

    ReplyDelete