Wednesday, February 15, 2012

From Start to Finish: Book #60

I just finished JUSTICE AT CARDWELL RANCH, the sequel to Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch, that comes out in October 2012. I just realized it is my 60th book.

Usually I’m too exhausted to celebrate. It takes a few days. After living in a book for weeks, sometimes months, it is hard to let go. It is always sad to say goodbye to those characters. Especially these because I don’t think I’ll be seeing them again.

When I start a book, it is really exciting. Everything is new. Anything can happen. It’s my favorite part. Middles are the hard part. The ending is the relief part. If I’ve gotten that far, it’s all going to be all right.

Once a book is done, I look back and think, “Whew, that wasn’t so hard.” Right. Every book is a challenge. Every one at some point becomes a mountain I have to climb. There are days I don’t want to write and would rather clean the toilet.

But once a book is done, I look forward to the next one. I try to take a few days off at least to regroup, clean off my desk, not write.

Right now, I feel like celebrating. Book #60 is done. Wow.

B.J. Daniels

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your 60th book. You deserve to celebrate so find something you really want to do and DO IT!!
    I'll be looking forward to reading it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, BJ! 60 books is an awesome achievement. You've earned a few days off and a big celebration. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, BJ !! Wow-- 60 !!

    I'm curious, but did you write any books that never sold ??

    Popping the cork on CYBER CHAMPAGNE for you!!
    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on book 60 and may you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow book #60... that is wonderful, congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. I took the day off. Well, kind of. :) I had to write the cast of characters and the dedication, but hey, no big deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura AKA Loves 2 Read RomanceFebruary 20, 2012 at 8:30 PM

    Congrats on the 60th book! I can't wait to read Justice at Cardwell Ranch!

    ReplyDelete