I'm excited and thrilled to be blogging about my very first Harlequin Intrigue, Finding Her Son. The entire process of writing for Harlequin has been a dream come true for me. In Finding Her Son, a determined woman suspected in her husband's death is forced to team with the man assigned to prove her guilt in order to find her kidnapped son.
So here are ten things you may not know about me and my very first Harlequin Intrigue, Finding Her Son.
10. I train in small-bore silhouette shooting.
9. Finding Her Son won the 2011 Romance Writers of America® Golden Heart as Stolen Lullaby in the Contemporary Series Romance: Suspense/Adventure.
8. My 'how-to-write' workshops have been included on the Top 24 Workshops CD from the Romance Writers of America's® National Conference CD five times (Bill Stephens Productions).
7. Finding Her Son takes place in Denver, Colorado, where the hero Mitch Bradford was on the SWAT team with the Denver Police Department.
6. Mitch has three siblings: Noah, Chase and Sierra. His father Paul is a former Denver cop who was paralyzed as a result of a gunshot wound.
5. Autographs don't have to come on paper. If you have a Kindle version of Finding Her Son, you can get an autograph through Kindlegraph. (http://www.kindlegraph.com/authors/RobinPerini)
4. Emily Wentworth, the heroine of Finding Her Son, has one brother who is in the military and is stationed in Afghanistan.
3. Mitch's last name of Bradford came about because I am a huge Oklahoma Sooners Fan (and alumni) and a big admirer of Sam Bradford, the Sooners' Heisman Trophy winning quarterback who now plays for the St. Louis Rams.
2. I have broken my tibia and fibula near my left ankle and used my rehabilitation and physical therapy experience when writing the rehab scenes between Mitch and Emily (who is a physical therapist.)
1. Finding Her Son is my second published novel. My first novel was In Her Sights, published by Montlake Romance in November, 2011.
I'd love to answer questions, about almost anything on either Finding Her Son, In Her Sights or my upcoming projects. If you comment, you earn a chance to win an autographed copy of Finding Her Son.
I love to hear from readers. You can catch me, read excerpts, read reviews, sign up for my quarterly newsletter or mailing list, and even request trading cards or a Kindlegraph on my website at www.robinperini.com. I'm also on Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads.
CURRENT RELEASE - FINDING HER SON
4.5 Stars from RT Book Reviews – "Perini keeps the tension taut, the romance irresistible and the mystery...deep."
THE ONLY MAN A DESPERATE MOTHER CAN TRUST…
Investigating a cold case is SWAT cop Mitch Bradford’s worst nightmare—especially when it involves a kidnapped infant. But thanks to an injury, he’ll have to settle for following Emily Wentworth instead of breaking down doors and cuffing criminals.
The prime suspect in a mysterious disappearance, Emily has always claimed she was framed. And as he earns the trust of the incredibly desperate—and unbelievably beautiful— mother, every instinct tells Mitch to believe her. Then new evidence unfolds, revealing an elaborate conspiracy and forcing Emily into a deadly spotlight. Now, torn between loyalty to the badge and his promises to Emily, Mitch may have to make the ultimate sacrifice if he’s to bring her little boy home.
Cursing under his breath, Mitch Bradford yanked his collar up against the bitter Colorado wind. Where was Emily Wentworth going? He stalked across Colfax, on a stretch of the street known as a candy store for illicit drugs and prostitution. He could've been home alone in front of the fireplace, his bum leg propped up, nursing a stiff drink and a double dose of ibuprofen. The irony didn't amuse him. He'd been tapped for the Wentworth case because of his injury. One more reason to kill the guy who'd shot up his leg during his last SWAT operation.
Mitch ducked his head and plunged forward into the night, ignoring the exchange of money on the corner. He would've busted the dealer any other time, but he refused to let his suspect out of sight. When she approached a group of gang-bangers, he tensed and reached for his weapon.
They circled her.
Two murders last night in the neighborhood. No time to be subtle.
He broke into a run, disregarding the twinge in his leg. He'd pay for it later, but they could shoot or stab her in seconds. Before he reached her, she tilted her head at the assailants like she was flirting and skirted through the wall of thugs. They let her go.
Mitch pulled back. Crazy woman. He tucked his Glock into the shoulder holster. He'd had enough of these cat-and-mouse games. He sped up and followed her across an alley. The scent of vomit and urine, and God knew what else, soured the night.
She stopped in front of a darkened building. After a furtive glance right, then left, she knocked. The door cracked open, then squeaked wider. Before he reached the entrance, she vanished behind the worn oak.
"Figures." Why would anything about this case be easy? Cold seeped through his jeans as he searched the front of the building for a sign. Nothing. No indication of what took place inside. That didn't bode well. His guess: drugs, sex, who knew what else.
[Cover Art Copyright © 2012 by Harlequin Enterprises Limited. Cover art used by arrangement with Harlequin Enterprises Limited. All rights reserved. ® and ™ are trademarks owned by Harlequin Enterprises Limited or its affiliated companies, used under license.]
Award-winning author Robin Perini is devoted to giving her readers fast-paced, high-stakes adventure with a love story sure to melt their hearts. Her mission's motto: "When danger and romance collide, no heart is safe." After seven prestigious Romance Writers of America® Golden Heart® finals, Robin sold seven novels within one year. She won the Golden Heart® in 2011, and that title became her first Harlequin Intrigue, Finding Her Son (March 2012). Residing in the southwestern United States, by day, she works for an advanced technology corporation, and in her spare time, you might find her giving one of her many nationally acclaimed writing workshops or training in competitive small-bore rifle silhouette shooting.
She is the author of In Her Sights (Montlake, 2011), Finding Her Son, Cowboy in the Crossfire and Christmas Conspiracy (Harlequin Intrigue 2012) as well as the upcoming Montgomery Justice Series from Montlake Romance.
Robin loves to interact with readers. You can read excerpts, read reviews, sign up for her mailing list and even request trading cards or a Kindlegraph on her website at www.robinperini.com. She's also on Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads. She'd love to hear from you.