Friday, May 25, 2007

New western series

In responst to Rebecca York, I'd have to say that my life experiences always creep into my writing. One of my first books, Behind the Mask, was a direct result from an experience at a Mardi Gras Parade. Not that I witnessed a murder, but I saw a curtain blowing at a turret window and realized that if something had been happening there, I would be the only one who saw it. Everyone else was totally focused on the throws being tossed from a stopped float.

The idea for Another Woman's Baby came from my wanting to rent a house at the beach instead of a condo when my husband and I used to spend the month of November at Orange Beach in Alabama. I knew I'd be fine as long as he was around, but when he had to make a trip back to New Orleans on business, I'd be alone in a big house on a deserted beach in the winter. So I had to use that fear in a book.

And one week on a ranch in south Texas was all it took for me to fall in love with cowboys. 24-Karat Ammunition is the lead book for my new western series, Four Brothers of Colts Run Cross. The series is about the Collingsworths, a family similar to the Ewings in the TV series Dallas in that they have a large ranch and an oil company. But the Collingsworth men have scruples and as you can see from the picture above, they are extremely sexy. 24 Karat Ammunition comes out in July.

It would be great to hear from some readers on this post. Anyone like cowboys???

Joanna Wayne
www.joannawayne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment