Wednesday, May 2, 2007

RT Conference

I've just returned from the Romantic Times Book Lovers Convention in Houston where I got to hang out with a lot of very cool readers and writers.

On Tuesday afternoon, I headed downtown to meet up with two of my favorite writing buddies, B. J. Daniels and Joanna Wayne, to brainstorm our workshop "Killers to Die For", which we presented on Friday afternoon. I always get a little wound up before public speaking engagements, but the atmosphere was very casual and we had a lot of audience participation. The presentation actually went really well and we had a lot of fun, despite the fact that I inadvertently gave away the ending of THE DOLLMAKER. Doh! Turned out okay, though, because several members of the audience showed up at the huge book signing the next day and bought my book anyway. So it was all good.

And speaking of the book signing, one reader came by (Hi Pat!) who had brought over four hundred Intrigues with her. I was thrilled to sign my books for her, but the best part was getting to meet face-to-face such a devoted Intrigue fan.

The conference was great and I loved catching up with all my friends and meeting new ones, but as always, I was very glad to get home and get back to my writing routine. I'm working on my second thriller for MIRA Books, THE DEVIL'S FOOTPRINTS, and I just got a sneak peek at the cover. I won't say much about it at this point except that it is very eerie and creepy and the concept is awesome. I love it.

Best,
Amanda Stevens

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time. It seems everyone had a blast. Can't wait to go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a lot of fun, Kimberly. Hope to see you there next year.

    ReplyDelete