Sunday, May 27, 2007

Royal Lockdown


I'd like to tell you about the Intrigue I've got coming out in June. It's
ROYAL LOCKDOWN (ISBN: 0373692617, Harlequin Intrigue), the first book in the Lights Out series, takes place during a night of panic in Boston. At a glittering international reception at the top of the John Hancock Tower, Princess Ariana of Beau Pays and security expert Shane Peters are mesmerized by each other. Then terrorists invade the reception, capturing the guests and threatening to kill them one by one, starting with Princess Ariana, if they don't turn over the vice president of the United States (who has hidden in a closet).

Shane and Ariana escape, only to find themselves on the run from a man who will stop at nothing to kill them both. And at the same time, the passion smoldering between them reaches flash point. But is it possible for these two very different people to forge a meaningful relationship?

I loved getting into Ariana’s head. She was so up tight at the beginning of the story that she wouldn’t even dance with Shane. By the end of the book, she’s making love in the back of a limo.

I also loved researching the Boston locations for this book-from Copley Square to the undercroft of Trinity Church to the beautiful residential neighborhoods of the Back Bay.

I think Ariana looks beautiful on the cover. I'm a little worried about Shane. To me, he looks like he just escaped from Starfleet Academy.

I'll be signing ROYAL LOCKDOWN at the Harlequin booth at BEA this coming Saturday from 2-2:45. If you're at the convention, I'd love to see you.

Rebecca York

1 comment:

  1. That really is a beautiful cover, Ruth. Dark, glam and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete