Friday, January 12, 2007

Book Trailer

Since my first MIRA is coming out in March, I've been doing a lot of research on self-promotion, and I'm wondering how effective book trailers are. Do you like them? Are they just a trend that have about run their course, or are they here to stay and do they make a difference? I've got one on my site and it's running at Barnes and Noble. I get lots of comments on it (creepy and scary), but I'm not sure that it will translate to sales. Any thoughts?

Amanda Stevens

6 comments:

  1. Amanda -- What an awesome trailer! Haunting, intriguing, creepy. Makes me want to run out and buy the book, but I have to wait two more months! No fair.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, then, you just answered my question. Maybe they do work!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa...fantastic trailer! I think anything that can SHOW a reader what they're getting ahead of time is all right in my book. As they say, any promotion is good promotion. A book trailer reads like a movie preview...that's the intention and I truly believe it's going to pay for itself eventually. Good luck with this...I've got one up at YouTube (The Search for the Million $$$ Ghost). You ought to put yours up there if you haven't already. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Amanda. The trailer did its job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dorothy and Delores. Glad to know the trailer is working.

    Dorothy, I've tried to put it up on YouTube, but it's a SWF file right now and I haven't been able to convert it. I'm still working on it, though. I'll go look for yours right now.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Trailer! Who made this for you, if anyone?

    ReplyDelete